Important phone numbers
How to contact emergency managers, law enforcement, utilities, Red Cross, United Way and many other services.
• Report price gouging
Living without power
See our checklist on dealing with outages including many important safety tips.
• How to contact FPL, AT&T, Comcast, more
• Generator safety tips: Don’t risk your life
• How to cope
OUTSIDE THE HOME
Be cautious following a storm
What to do in the yard, in the neighborhood and in the area.
Clearing the mess: It’s a dirty job
Landscapes and trees
Steps to take to save trees plus tips on pruning and fertilizing plus dealing with fallen branches.
• Chain saws: Be cautious, know how it works
At a glance
• Dealing with traffic | Get gas early to avoid lines
Which Palm Beach County gas stations can pump without power?
• Transportation: Buses, trains, planes
• Schools: What parents can expect
• Pools: How to return to normal
• Are you a good neighbor?
• How to get help for your business
• Avoid being victimized by contractors
INSIDE THE HOME
Food and water: When in doubt, throw it out
Find out what will keep and what to throw out if you lose power plus how to handle water and keep it pure.
• Refrigerators: How to deep clean and deodorize
• Checklist | Grill safety
Cleaning your home
How to deal with appliances, furniture, upholstery, mattresses and pillows, books, photos, paintings, clothing and more.
• Mold: Checking for and getting rid of growth